European Shabby Chic


The shabby chic, vintage style originated in Britain and France where large country side homes were filled with distressed-worn objects; faux, coats of painted colours, floral-stripe linens, and mismatched designs.   Using my photos and found objects,  I like to balance my posts with contemporary and vintage design...


 
    Italian Riviera photo,  Dolce Gabbana gown                      




continue reading...


Bellagio, Lake Como, It.; Lucca, Italy lower lft,; Levanto rt; 




British guards at Windsor, Leeds Castle, the new Duchess, Tower of London lower left, and faux painted objects.



I love this goose that stood perfectly for me at Leed's







Paris above; lower: Montepulciano Madonna Church from Under the Tuscan Sun (also seen in my blogspot header)


Roman Ruins


Linens and the Roman Colliseum    


Pisa, Milan, Rome




Venice; Nautica Bedding


Top: Lincourt cupcakes left, ollalaberry lemonade cupcake rt, Bottom: Lucca, IT. Carousel; Pienza, IT. flowers;



Chicmaison, right




                Quelo Object Paris notecards; Crave Seattle cupcakes; Etsy pearls   Villa Margherita Cinque Terre top






Pienza, Italy and  Montalcino, Italy


Paris Flower Shop




There are many shabby chic books and some of my favorite shabby blogs are noted on my home page.  Rachel Ashwell has popularized the Shabby Chic style in the States.  She operates numerous shops but I've visited her first one on Montana Row in Santa Monica. Visit here...
Also, see my Rachel Ashwell's Malibu Shabby Shack here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophia Loren's Roman Villa

Anjelica Huston's Three Rivers Ranch