Rustic Italian Sheet Pan Chicken


Doesn't this remind you of a rustic meal you'd experience in the Tuscany region of Italy?
Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) cooked up this dish on the Food Network and it reminded me of dining at a farmhouse in Fiesole in Tuscany.  Fiesole is perched on a hill with many olive groves just 10 minutes outside the beautiful city of Florence...


This is super savory and a healthy one dish meal.  
Here’s Ree Drummond's basic recipe for Italian Sheet Pan Chicken, I think you'll love.

NOTE:  I made these changes to the recipe:
I used equal to only 1/2 cup liquids (it also makes liquid on its own)
I used olive oil infused with basil;
I substituted lemon balsamic (see below) for the plain balsamic;
I added green olives;
I used whole wheat bread for the croutons.


I marinate mine over night.  Here it is ready to go into the oven.






Allora!  These were extra large chicken thighs, my goodness!
Serve with a nice Chardonnay!


I used the best lemon balsamic purchased at the Olive House (Solvang, CA.) 




Please view my post on Florence here and Fiesole here!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophia Loren's Roman Villa

Anjelica Huston's Three Rivers Ranch