Review Colored Pencil Powder Blender


Brush and Pencil Products

I'm taking a few minutes to post a review of this art product I recently purchased.  I read about it on the internet and couldn't wait to try it out.  I purchased the Colored Pencil Blender (from $7-$9.95) and the Titanium White product.  Much to my surprise the company also sent along a bottle of Touch Up Texture to mix with the Titanium White and a couple of colored pencils free of charge (who does that these days?).  I use Prismacolor Colored Pencils but will try the new pencils, so my thanks to them.


I went to You Tube and watched a video by an artist on how she used the Blending Powder.  She prepped her (quality) paper with the Blender product prior to applying colored pencil.  I, however, had already sketched with pencil on my Stonehenge paper so I just brushed the Blender on top.  Then I blended with the little soft swab that was included in the package.  Afterward, I added another light layer of my color which was Cream.

Now again, this is the first time Ive ever used this medium.  Prior, I had tried using Gamsol and Alcohol but the results were not as satisfying as this.  I think less color from the pencil is needed because it fills in the tiny nooks and crannies of the paper,  Subsequently, the colors applied will be smoother and blend more easily.


The left pencil painting with no Blending Powder; right photo with Blending Powder product-same colors.  It blends the colors efficiently and evenly!  I like it but it takes a few tries to really get the hang of it so just keep practicing with it.  I will use it regularly. It reminds me of sanded paper on top.

I've not tried the Titanium White yet but will return with a review when I do. It's used to "whiten" or re paint a surface.

My thanks to the company for this product and I wish it had been my invention!



   



Comments

Post a Comment

Say "Ciao" or Comment Here:

Popular posts from this blog

Sophia Loren's Roman Villa

Anjelica Huston's Three Rivers Ranch